Why do we need your help?
Some of “Galilee’s” patients have limited support from their social environment and are in need of companionship.
- Our experienced volunteers visit patients in their home, listening and sharing , or simply being a quiet, caring presence
- The volunteer’s visit to a patient is often a needed respite for the caregiver
- When a patient is hospitalized, he may also want company and comfort from a volunteer, thereby also giving a few hours off to family members
- Volunteers may also visit patients in the hospice who request it, for company or sharing some activity
What can you gain as a volunteer?
- The quiet joy of accompanying someone on their difficult journey
- Building a relationship of trust with the patient, and often with family members
- The relief of sharing the burden…