Tuesdays and Thursdays are two days of happiness and companionship for our patients. They meet their friends, patients and volunteers, they share experiences, ideas, fears and joys, they participate in games, discussions, creative activities, singing and more!
Why do we need your help?
- transport our patients who don’t have the means to come on their own to the Day Centre
- welcome them and serve coffee or tea with snack
- listen attentively to each patient who wants to share stories from his life, problems, anecdotes etc
- participate and help patients with creative projects
- foster the socializing and participation of patients in activities
- organize national and religious holiday celebrations
- sit together to share a home-made meal
- twice each year go all together on an excursion
What can you gain as a volunteer?
- Deep satisfaction in offering genuine friendship, caring and emotional support to patients
- The sense of being privileged to share their burdens, to the degree possible
- Finding joy in the group activities with patients and volunteers
- Bonding and sharing with other volunteers