We consider quality and transparency as very important pillars in Galilee’s operation. Our focus in quality and transparency safeguards high quality services to our patients and their families, while at the same time ensures Galilee’s sustainability and growth.
For this reason, we have taken the initiative to collaborate with Independent Audit Organizations for the certification of our Quality Management System and Financial Transparency Management System. In addition, we have received certification from the National Centre for Social Solidarity, which is under the supervision of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (Π.Δ. 81/2019 (Greek Government ΦΕΚ A 119)).
Quality Management System
We aim to constantly improve our services and to learn from pioneers in palliative care world-wide, adopting clinical protocols and good practice. Above all, we listen to what patients and caregivers tell us so that we can provide the highest quality of care and specialized services
- In 2014 we drew up a Quality Management System according to international standards for the Provision of Palliative Home Care and Day Care for Patients with Life-Threatening Illness and the Provision of Continuing Training and Education Services in Self – Care and Volunteering. We carry out regular internal inspections of care and services. Each year the quality of our services is assessed and accredited by external providers. Since 2017 audits for certification are carried out by TÜV Hellas (TÜV Nord Group). See here the Quality Certificate of “Galilee” according to ISO 9001.
- Everything that we do is inspired by the basic principles.
- Each year we set quality targets and at the end of the year, we assess our performance.
- Feedback from patients and their families regarding their experiences of care at Galilee Palliative Care Centre is very important to us, as well as being an important indicator of how well we are doing. Read the feedback from some of our patients here.
- We are using the internationally-recognized IPOS tool into our clinical practice. IPOS, which stands for the Integrated Palliative Care Outcome Scale, is a group of tools that was developed in order to record, measure, and improve the provision of palliative care to patients and their families. The IPOS system allows patients to describe and report their fundamental concerns and whether these have improved over time.
If you would like to make a suggestion or comment about the quality of our services, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Certification from the National Centre for Social Solidarity (NCSS – EKKA)
Galilee Palliative Care Unit has received the Special Certification of Palliative Home Care services, by the National Center for Social Solidarity*. This certifies that Galilee Palliative Care Units is a non-profit, primary social care service provider (Π.Δ. 81/2019 (Greek Government ΦΕΚ A 119)).
Certification by NCSS – EKKA is an institutional recognition that Galilee Palliative Care Unit has the appropriate legal personality, the required characteristics and experience, and complies with the quality standards dictated by the existing institutional framework.
* The National Centre for Social Solidarity (NCSS) within the framework of its institutional responsibilities gives Opinion on the Certification of Actors providing social care services in the private sector of non-profit, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to the competent Services of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MLSA) https://www.ekka.org.gr/index.php/en/
B. Sound Financial Management
To ensure transparency and sound financial management, an annual audit is carried out by the renowned Bakertilly accounting and advisory firm. Bakertilly Chartered Accountants, review and evaluate Galilee’s financial records, legal documentation and supporting evidence to confirm that the audited financial statements of Galilee Palliative Care Unit are in accordance with current legislation and accounting principles.
See here the financial audit reports: